– The Commune has recently produced two new pamphlets to add to its series. Storming heaven: The Paris Commune of 1871 (£1+50p postage) looks at the world’s first working-class revolution, with both Marx’s description of the commune and a Solidarity article critiquing traditional leftist assumptions about its failings. What is the London postal strike really about? (50p+50p postage) features Sheila Cohen’s interviews with two CWU reps.
Click above links to read online, or if you would like to order hard copies use the ‘donate’ feature here to pay online, making sure to write your address and explain your order; or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to pay by cheque.
– London: The Commune are at most major demonstrations in the capital and also have our own activities. We are running a series of reading groups on workplace organising this autumn, as well as our monthly forums. The next forum is on 19th October, the next reading group on the 26th.
Join our email announcements list at https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/thecommune-london. Phone David on 07595 245494 for more info
– Bristol: after our session at the Anarchist Bookfair last month we are planning further meetings: send an email to email@example.com to join mailing list
– West Midlands: we participate in the Coventry Radical Network and will also be initiating a meeting on local organising work. If you’re interested in the meeting or our network, call Dave on 02476 450027
– Wrexham: we are planning a series of meetings around the title “Storming the heavens—alternatives to capitalism”. Paper sales will also be launched in and around the town centre
– North-West: in September we held our first public forum in Manchester and are planning more events shortly: contact Mark on 07976 386737
– South Yorkshire-based activists interested in The Commune should get in touch with Barry in Sheffield on 07543 652629
– The Commune also have a Facebook group. You can sign up for news and debate here.
– get in touch via email— firstname.lastname@example.org