Day School organised by the Republican Communist Network and supported by The Commune.
Saturday, January 16th, 2010, 11.00–17.00, Out of the Blue Centre, Dalmeny Street (off Leith Walk), Edinburgh.
1. Opening session – 11.00-13.00 – Platform speakers – maximum 15 minutes each. One from the RCN, 1 from The Commune and Goran Markovic from the Workers’ Communist Party of Bosnia. This will be followed by an open session with questions and contributions from the floor.
2. Lunchtime – 13.00-14.00.
3. Workshops – 14.00-14.45 – 5 minute intros followed by open discussion. If those opening the workshop (or anybody else) would like to submit a piece beforehand, this will be circulated by e-mail to all those who have signed up.
i) The Legacy of Official and Dissident Communism- or What Communism Isn’t
ii) How Do Communists organise and operate?
iii) What Would Real Communism Look Like?
4. Break – 15 minutes.
5. Workshops repeated – 15.00-15.45.
(Participants can choose any 2 workshops over the afternoon)
6. Report Back and Plenary Session – 15.45-16.45.
7. Platform speakers, summing up – 16.45-17.00. What they have got from the day – 5 minutes each.